Notifying the college

Absence & Leave

Sometimes you know in advance, other times it happens last minute. Whenever your child is going to be absent or on leave from school, please let us know. Complete our Absence Notification form or apply for extended vacation leave.

Absence Notification

If your child is absent from school you are required to inform us of this absence as soon as possible to enable us to update our records. This can be done by completing the form below. Once you press submit it will automatically send to our Attendance Officer.

Complete Absence Notification form

Student Leave

The student leave guidelines state that requests for extended leave must be made in writing. Upon receipt of the application for leave, the Education Act 1990, states that the Minister may grant a Certificate of Exemption. This power is delegated to the Principal who may grant an exemption from school attendance.

Our first form Application for Extended Leave - Vacation and Travel is for families who will be taking their children out of school during school terms e.g. to go on a family holiday.

The second form Parental Application for Exemption from Attendance at School is for families to complete if their child is absent from school for a length of one week or more because they are at an event representing the College.